Hey all! The fine folks over at Libretro have made a few HUGE updates to RetroArch on Android. RetroArch is one of THE BEST ways to emulate games.
If you’re running Android 8.0 or newer, check out RetroArch Plus:
If you’re running an older version of Android, check out the regular RetroArch:
If you want the APK, check out RetroArch’s own website:
My recommended VPNs:
Easy to use and inexpensive – SurfShark:
83% discount on a 2-year package + 3 free bonus months:
Fast and great for power users – PIA:
73% discount on a 2-year package + 2 months free:
Follow me on:
Check out my recommended products on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UXstsI
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
This video is for entertainment purposes only.
RetroArch is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro. Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
It comes with its own built-in collection of applications to provide you with a ‘one-stop-shop’ for entertainment.
Libretro and RetroArch are perfectly suited for creating games, emulators and multimedia programs. If you want to learn more, go to our website (listed below).
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ!!!
This version of RetroArch differs from the one available on our website (www.retroarch.com) in that there is no Core Downloader, in compliance with the Google Play Store’s policies. This version supports 50 cores max. If this is not enough for your needs, there are two options:
* Get RetroArch Plus, also available for free on the Play Store (this supports up to 127 cores). This version requires Android 8.0 or higher.
* Get RetroArch from our website (www.retroarch.com) and download the APK and install it. This version has the Core Downloader and is considered the ‘full-fat’ version.
Pros of the Play Store version vs. the website APK:
* Automatic weekly updates of both cores and RetroArch.
Cons of the Play Store version vs. the website APK:
* Only 50 cores supported max
* Eye-candy menus to choose from!
* Scan files / directories and add them to game system collections!
* View database information about each game once added to a collection!
* Download programs (‘cores’) online
* Update everything!
* Download Game & Watch games and play them with our exclusive Game & Watch emulator!
* Built-in input remapping
* Ability to remap controls
* Ability to enter and load cheats
* Multi-language support!
* Over 80+ programs(‘cores’) now and counting!
* Play multiplayer with NetPlay!
* Take screenshots, save states and more!
* No DRM
* No restrictions on usage
* No push ads
* No spying
* No ads period
#RetroArch #Emulation #Emulators #AndroidGaming #RetroArchPlus