In this video, we’ll install the new Network Install (beta) bootloader to a Raspberry Pi 4. Once installed, you will be able to install an operating system to your Pi without having to image the microSD or SSD on your computer! The new bootloader supports the ability to download an operating system image from the internet and write it directly to your microSD or USB/SSD drive. Links to the documentation below.
This Video is for Educational purposes only.
00:00 – Intro
01:54 – Install Network Bootloader to a microSD
03:47 – Use Pi Imager to install Pi OS on the Pi 4 (No PC)
06:32 – Use Pi Imager to Install Recalbox to an SSD (No PC)
07:33 – Install TwisterOS from a USB drive
08:55 – Outro
• Network install beta test (announcement): https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/network-install-beta-test-your-help-required/
• Pi 4 / Pi 400 Only using Pi Network Bootloader (documentation) : https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/getting-started.html#installing-over-the-network
• Issue reporting thread: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=329324
• USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable (Amazon): https://amzn.to/3LINCQ4
• Western Digital 500GB WD Blue (Amazon): https://amzn.to/3LPTuHm
• SAMSUNG (MB-ME32GA/AM) 32GB 95MB/s microSD (Amazon): https://amzn.to/3Jk2S4u
• Raspberry SC15184 Pi 4 Model B (Amazon – demand is high as is the price): https://amzn.to/3Jm42MW
* As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Subscribe for the latest Tech Videos: https://www.youtube.com/wagnerstechtalk?sub_confirmation=1
Feel free to ask question in the comments below or visit my website, at http://wagnerstechtalk.com. I try to answer most questions that I can.
#raspberrypi4 #pi4 #pi400 #pibootloader #WTT #WAGNERSTECHTALK