Yuzu Emulator has just added their new implementation of Motion Controls, which works close to perfectly with every game I have tested so far. In this video, i am going to show you how to setup and use it.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to map motion controls to the most popular input devices, including the Dualshock 4 Controller, Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons, and Pro Controller.
Step 1: Activating Your Controller in Yuzu Emulator
Go to ‘Emulation’ -> ‘Configure’ -> ‘Controls’. Here, you’ll find a new interface. Activate your controller in the top-left corner.
Setting Up Dualshock 4 (PlayStation 4’s Controller) Motion Controls
- Ensure your Dualshock 4 Controller is connected to your PC using DS4 Windows (RyoChan7 version).
- On the DS4 Windows interface, navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab and enable the UDP server by ticking the box.
- Return to the Yuzu emulator and click ‘Configure’ under ‘Motion’.
- Select ‘Motion Provider’ and choose ‘CemuHookUDP’. Ensure the server and IP addresses match between DS4 Windows and Yuzu.
- Click the ‘Test’ button at the bottom of the ‘CemuHookUDP’ section. If everything is set up correctly, it should receive data from your controller.
- Click ‘OK’, then click on the ‘Motion’ button and shake your controller. This maps your controller for motion input.
- Click the refresh button beside ‘Input Device’ and select ‘XInput Controller’ from the dropdown menu. Yuzu will automatically map all controls.
Setting Up Joy-Cons Motion Controls
- Start by clearing previous settings by clicking ‘Clear’ in the Yuzu controls window.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your PC and add each Joy-Con as a Bluetooth device. To do this, press the small sync button on the side of each Joy-Con controller and select it from the available devices list.
- Once your Joy-Cons are connected, download and install ‘BetterJoy’. This application allows you to use Joy-Cons or Pro Controllers as XInput devices on your PC.
- In the ‘BetterJoy’ application, enable ‘Motion Server’ and ‘Rumble’ if not already enabled.
- Return to the Yuzu emulator and ensure the IP and port details perfectly match those in ‘BetterJoy’.
- Apply all settings in ‘BetterJoy’, close the application, then reopen it.
- Back in Yuzu, under ‘Motion’, select ‘Motion 1’, shake your left Joy-Con, select ‘Motion 2’, and shake your right Joy-Con.
- Refresh the ‘Input Device’ list and select ‘XInput Controller’ from the dropdown menu. Yuzu will automatically map all controls.
The process for setting up a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is practically identical to setting up Joy-Cons.
Other devices that can connect via the CemuHookUDP server include Wiimotes with Wii Motion Plus, Android Motion Source devices, and PlayStation 3 controllers.
DS4Windows (PS4 Controllers)
BetterJoy (Switch Controllers)
Alternative Motion Providers (Android, iphone, Wiimote, DS3)
#NintendoSwitch #MotionControls #Yuzu